The base for this pizza is… quinoa! It’s super simple and has few ingredients. I know it sounds kinda weird but I swear this is one of the nicest pizza base recipes I’ve ever had!
- 3/4 cup of dry quinoa
- 1/4-1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Any toppings- pizza sauce, vegetables etc (I used tomato purée, spinach, sweetcorn and pre-cooked beetroot)
*The dry quinoa will have to be soaked in water for 6-8 hours beforehand.
- Drain the quinoa and add to a blender.
- Add the water and baking powder to the blender and blend until a thick batter is formed.
- Pour/ spread the batter into a cake pan (that has been lined with parchment paper) and place in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then flip the base and continue cooking for another 5 minutes
- Top the base with your favourite toppings and return to the other for a final 5 minutes before serving.
Sweet Potato Fries
- Sweet potato (one large or 2 small)
- 2 teaspoons of oil of choice *OPTIONAL*
- Seasoning (I used some mild paprika and pink Himalayan salt)*OPTIONAL*
- Cut the sweet potato/es into fry shapes
- Brush on oil (if using) and sprinkle on seasoning(if using)
- Bake in and oven of 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes
Ideas for seasoning:
Salt and Pepper
Pretty much whatever you want- you could also have them plain with a sauce or dip.
Hope you enjoy- this is one of my favourite meals!